Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, August 4, 2023

World War II Project - 28mm Village Church - Sarissa Precision - The Roofs - Part 5

And the tedious part begins, adding the shingle strips to the roofs. Not much to say, other than to remember to snip the shingles before you apply glue and only apply glue to the 1/8" strip so you can manipulate the shingles a bit once they are in place. I do use clamps and weights just to make sure everything stays in place while the glue sets. Titebond is my glue of choice, mostly because I have a lot of around in the wood shop. Its pretty serious overkill for applying shingles but its what I have. Any PVA/Elmer's glue will do. One advantage Titebond has is it sets up pretty fast so I once I get started I can move pretty quickly.

I let the glue set for at least an hour before I go in and trim up the shingles. That ensures that the cardboard isn't mushy with wet glue.


First Strip. Without thinking I applied glue to the entire back of the first three strips without thinking about what I wanted to do.

Working my way up.

A few minutes with some serious weight on it.

With one side done, I started alternating back and forth between the two roofs.

The untrimmed look, mostly due to the need to stagger the shingle rows.

Shingles all done on the two small roofs.

All trimmed up


Dry fitting the roofs and marking where the singles will start on the long roof. When its done I will glue all these pieces together to create one large structure and I don't need to apply shingles where I don't need them.

One of my British Paratroopers has found their way inside.




2 comments: