Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, November 13, 2023

Painting the Modelu O Scale Transitional Era Crew Bundle - Part 1

When I made my order from Modelu I ordered the Transitional Era Crew Bundle in both HO and O scales. Since I model in both HO and O I wanted to see how the Modelu measured up in both scales. Since these are, in theory, larger than my normal wargame figures I want to do push the quality a bit. I'm not going to try and push to a competition level, we will see how that goes, but I want them to look good on the layout (still way off in the future) since they are likely to get some rather intense scrutiny there.

These start off the same way the HO scale ones did, trim away the supports and some minor cleanup. That is certainly a nice feature of 3D prints, the lack of mold lines and injection marks is a big plus. As long as the resolution is high enough so you can't see the layers I'm good.

I drilled out a hole in one foot on each of the crew members for the wire and mounted them on bottle caps for painting. It is much easier to drill out that foot at this scale! Then it was off to the paint booth for a quick priming session. I used Badger Stynylrez Grey Primer (SNR-402) for this. By far my favorite primer although it is a bit pricey.


Basic work done, cleaned up, wired up and mounted for painting.




Its hard to tell at this point but the grey primer has been applied


Missed him in the pre-primed state but here he is primed and ready to go with the west.


No comments:

Post a Comment