Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, February 24, 2023

A Brick Building from the Ground Up - Part 2

Just thought I would show that I am making progress on this little project. Since I managed to lose the instruction booklet from ITLA I have been going slow trying to figure out how some of this should be going together.

First real mistake was cutting away the tabs on the door frame on the back of the building. That really should stay in place and I should have just cut the brick/stone center piece. I managed to get the frame back into place but I damaged it and it took a little TLC to get it back into place and looking whole again.

At this point I think all I have managed to do is glue in a door and get some of the trim painted up. I'm trying to do everything I can while the walls are flat. I have cut out some windows and figured out that the window sills should be removed so the window itself can be glued flat against the back of the wall and then glue the sill back into place so it protrudes out from the wall the width of the window part.
In progress, a chaotic mess

I think this really shows the variation in the brick colors with the mortar in place. I have handled these a lot and the ink is really hold up well.

Pick out the window sills in more of sandy stone color. I used Vallejo "Highlight US Tanker" #322 in the Panzer Aces line.


Experimenting with how the corner brick strips should fit.

Trying to figure out how the window treatments are supposed to work.

And an actual success. One wall done.






No comments:

Post a Comment