Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, December 29, 2014

Diorama - Building the Base

Just some quick pictures of how the base for the first diorama is coming along. I'm using basswood to build this base. Basswood is my wood of choice for things like this, light, durable and easy to work with.

Here is the original mockup, its actually turning out to be too small.

Here is the inside of the building. This is going to go away on the final version so there is least to deal with.

Here is the new base ready to be cut out.

A lot of cutting and gluing happened to get to this point. I did a bit of sanding on the sides to smooth things out.



Here is the building just sitting in place. I'm not quite sure how tall I want or need to make the walls. There will be two windows on the street side.



No comments:

Post a Comment