Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Orion launch Scrubbed for Today

The unmanned launch of the US Orion deep space vehicle has been scrubbed for today. Cranky valves and high winds at the Cape caused the delay. There is another launch window tomorrow (12/5) at 7:05am EST.

I realized this morning that this is the first time that a member of my family has not been directly involved with a NASA manned space project. My uncle worked on all prior manned NASA projects from Mercury through the Space Shuttles. My brother works at Ball, but he is currently engaged on the James Webb Space Telescope.





4 comments:

  1. Scrubbed mission for the moment. High winds an some issues with some gaskets or something....kinda cool living in Florida....never have been able to make it to a launch but I think I may try to see if I can road trip it over to watch one. I saw the last shuttle launch fly over my house, it was a streak in the sky more or less but I had the laptop going also watching the feed live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there for an Apollo launch, a night time Space shuttle launch and a night time satellite launch. The night time launches are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you live in Florida? I live just north of Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I live in Colorado. I haven't been to Florida since my Uncle passed away 5 years ago.

      Delete