Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Patch layout design, ATSF

I think my layout design has pretty much reached its final form. The design itself is taken straight from the prototype location in Los Angeles and features the railroad alley between 7th Street and Industrial Street between Alameda and Mateo.  The focal point to this area for me is the curved entrance between two brick buildings (that dates back to at least the 1920s). This features a three way turnout in the middle of Mill Street. This area is known as the warehouse district to the natives and the Patch to the AT&SF crews that switched freight cars in and out of the area. My version is set in the mid 70s, during this time it was definitely on the decline as far as rail served industries were concerned. In my world it gets to be as busy as I want it to be. Many of the original structures are still present in the area although a number of them, like Nabisco, have been turned into loft style apartments. Here is the trackplan that I developed:

No comments:

Post a Comment